Human life depends on the functioning of the heart. If our heart stops working or doesn’t function properly, our life might be in great danger. One of the very common heart conditions is Supraventricular Tachycardia.
This blog will introduce you to Supraventricular Tachycardia, or SVT. We have shared all the information a person should know about this condition. If you are interested, keep reading this article till the end to learn some easy Supraventricular Tachycardia Treatments for this condition.
Introduction of Supraventricular Tachycardia
Supraventricular Tachycardia is a common heart condition. It represents a condition when the heartbeat is faster than usual. The average heartbeat is around 60 to 100 per minute. However, an SVT patient has a heartbeat of 150 to 200 per minute.
Supraventricular Tachycardia is usually in the heart’s upper chamber and is the most common type of arrhythmia. This condition can be because of small factors like fear and exercise or severe heart conditions.
SVT Heart Condition is more common in women as compared to men. Most pregnant women have this condition and have a constant faster heartbeat than normal. And the patient will need to take good care of his heart health.
Types of SVT
Supraventricular Tachycardia is further divided into different types. A patient must get his SVT-type diagnosis before starting the SVT Treatment. We have explained a little about the three types of Supraventricular Tachycardia.
- Atrial Tachycardia: it is the most common SVT type. The heartbeat rate goes up to 100 beats per minute in this type.
- AV Reciprocating Tachycardia: this is the most dangerous type of SVT. To treat this type, an accessory pathway is needed in the patient to bypass the conventional conduction system.
- AV Nodal Reentrant Tachycardia: This SVT type originates from the upper part of the “bundle of his” in the heart. It is more common in men. A study shows about 75% of SVT cases are in women.
Causes of Supraventricular Tachycardia
We all know that identifying the cause of the disease is more critical than getting treatment. If the cause is unknown and you haven’t taken steps to deal with the disease’s leading cause, the treatment will not be effective.
To get an effective treatment, you must know the Supraventricular Tachycardia Causes. We have listed some of the primary causes of this condition:
- One of the main reasons for the development of SVT is too much caffeine intake.
- Stress has a very adverse effect on your heart health. And it causes SVT in men and women.
- Alcohol is a major cause of SVT.
- Cigarette smoke causes many heart diseases, including SVT. It doesn’t matter if you smoke or not. Passive Smoking has the same effect as smoking itself.
What are the Supraventricular Tachycardia Symptoms?
All the diseases related to arrhythmia have very slight symptoms. Even in some cases, no sign appears in the patient until the condition gets worse. Luckily this is not the case with Supraventricular Tachycardia.
There are some symptoms that point toward SVT in the patient. We have listed the main SVT Symptoms below:
- Pounding in the Chest and Neck
- Feeling Tired or Fatigued
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Very Fast Heart beating
- Feeling Dizziness
- Chest Pain
- Afib Treatments – Meaning, Types, Causes, Symptoms, Prevention
- Junctional Rhythm – Meaning, Types, Causes, Symptoms, Prevention & Treatment
- Irregular Heartbeat – Meaning, Types, Causes, Symptoms, Prevention & Treatment
- Sinus Tachycardia – Meaning, Types, Causes, Symptoms, Prevention & Treatment
- Saffron Milk – 10 Health Benefits, Uses, and Side-effects
Supraventricular Tachycardia Treatment
As mentioned earlier, SVT can be due to some simple and non-dangerous reason or severe heart condition. Well, the treatment will be according to the Supraventricular Tachycardia Causes.
We have categorized the treatment of SVT into three groups. All three are discussed below:
If the severity of SVT is high, you should get proper medical treatment. There are many drugs and medications to deal with the severe condition of SVT. Some of the common SVT Medication are mentioned below:
- Beta Blockers
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Potassium Channel Blockers
Most people prefer using Ayurvedic medicine instead of brand-name or generic pills. There are some Ayurvedic medicines that can treat Supraventricular Tachycardia. These medicines have very low side effects and very high effectiveness.
Some of the Ayurvedic medicines for SVT are mentioned below:
If the cause of SVT is not severe, you still have to control your heartbeat and take some treatment for that. The best way to treat common SVT is by doing daily exercises. Exercising will save you from taking SVT Medication and improve your health.
Do exercises that don’t raise your heartbeat a lot. Some of the exercises you can add to your daily life to improve your heart’s health are listed below:
The heart is the key organ of the human body. We will keep living healthy as long as it is healthy and functioning properly. A small heart problem can be hazardous for us. Supraventricular Tachycardia can be both nothing to worry about or severe.
Hence as you see any Supraventricular Tachycardia Symptoms, you should get a medical test run on you. Let the doctor decide whether the condition is normal or serious. In both cases, you should follow the treatment tips mentioned in this article according to your requirement.