Heart disease can be hazardous, and early treatment is essential. But everyone must be aware of the common heart disorders so he can diagnose them early. One of these diseases is Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia which we will discuss in this article.
We will share the Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia Symptoms so you can identify this disease and get treatment. Read the blog until the end to get every piece of information on this disease.
Introduction to PSVT
PSVT Medical Abbreviation is Paroxysmal SVT. It is a type of arrhythmia. This disease arises from the upper chamber of the heart called the atria. That’s why this disease is also known as Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia.
PSVT causes abnormal electrical activity in the heart, which leads to a rapid heart rate. Even though this disease is usually not hazardous, we still recommend you get the treatment. Medication and minor surgery can solve this problem.
Types of PSVT
Officially there is no specified type of Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia. But many heart-related diseases have very similar symptoms and effects on the heart, so people confuse these diseases with PSVT.
We have listed some of the types of arrhythmia that are very close to Paroxysmal SVT.
- Atrial Tachycardia
- Atrial Flutter
- Antidromic Reciprocating Tachycardia
- Atrioventricular Nodal Re-entrant Tachycardia
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia Causes
The main cause of Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia is the abnormal electrical signal in the heart. This irregulates the heartbeat and results in PSVT Heart. Now we will discuss why this electrical signal gets disturbed, which causes this heart disease.
We have shared some of the common causes of Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia below.
- Any previous heart attack might cause Paroxysmal SVT in the future.
- High cholesterol damages the heart arteries and ventricles, which causes regulation of the heart’s electrical signals.
- Medicine side effects are one of the Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia Causes.
- Coronary artery diseases lead to heart disorders like PSVT.
- Excessive use of alcohol and smoking weakens the heart and damages the heart muscles.
Symptoms of Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia
The symptoms of PSVT usually don’t remain for longer. You might feel the signs of this disease start and stop abruptly. And mostly, the symptoms appear when you are into unhealthy activities like heavily exercising or not getting enough sleep.
Some of the major symptoms of Paroxysmal SVT are shared below:
- A fast heartbeat. The heartbeat of PSVT Arrhythmia patients will be higher than 100 beats per minute.
- Pounding or fluttering in the chest. The pulse will be very strong.
- Feeling almost fainting.
- Difficulty in breathing and shortness of breath.
- Lightheadedness and feeling dizziness.
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia Treatments
Paroxysmal SVT is mostly an unharmful disorder. In most cases, even the medication is not required. Just some focused breathing is enough to balance the heart rate. But if you regularly have Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia Symptoms, you need the treatment.
There are multiple treatment options for the patients based on the severity of the disorders. We have discussed some of them below.
Medical treatment is used in the initial stages of PSVT. Mostly the patient gets recovered by using the medicine only. These medications regulate the electrical signal to the heart and normalize the heartbeat.
Some of the medicine patients usually use for Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia are listed below.
- Calcium channel blockers
In very rare cases when the Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia gets worse, the patient will require heart surgery. Mostly Cardia Ablation is the surgery patients go through. In this surgery, a layer from the atrial is removed, causing a fast heartbeat.
This surgery is also suggested for patients who cannot take medications. This is a very beneficial treatment and can cure PSVT permanently as well. But it also has complications, why you should get the surgery only from the specialist.
Patients who cannot take brand-name medications or get surgery are recommended to use Ayurvedic medicine for PSVT. Ayurvedic drugs are far safer than branded pills and almost has no side effect.
Some of the Ayurvedic options for Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia patients are listed below.
- Garli Zn-Co Capsule
- Lipolyt Capsule
- Sery Capsule
Every day exercising has helped many heart patients improve their health. One of the great PSVT Treatments is doing light exercise daily. But the activity should be light and don’t affect your heartbeat much.
Some regular exercises a PSVT patient can do every day are:
Another very safe treatment for PSVT is adding healthy changes to the lifestyle. A heart patient must be strict with his lifestyle and always try to make positive changes. Some of the healthy lifestyle tips are mentioned below.
- It would help if you lost excessive weight and body fat.
- Start eating healthy and include fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Don’t consume any high-cholesterol food items in your diet.
- Quit smoking and drinking Alcohol.
- Do 30 minutes of light exercise every day.
A heart patient requires a lot of care and precaution. Even a PSVT Treatment needs a lot of safety measures so the patient doesn’t get into any risk of damaging himself or having a side effect.
We have shared some of the prevention you must follow while dealing with Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia.
- Only take the medication your doctor has suggested to you.
- Identify the Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia Causes and remove them from your lifestyle.
- Keep checking up on your heart health with ECG and other reports.
- If you have high blood pressure, ask your doctor to help with your diet plan.
- Don’t do any heavy load work that can affect your heartbeat.
People usually ignore a sudden increase in their heartbeat. However, this irregulation of the heartbeat is a sign of many heart-related diseases. We always recommend our readers take regular medical tests to identify all the health issues they have or might have in the future.
You should start the PSVT Treatment if the heartbeat increases occasionally. You can start with taking medications; surgery will probably not be required. Keep your doctor updated about your condition and follow his prescription strictly.