One of the most common cancer type women faces is Breast Cancer. According to some studies, women have a higher risk of getting Breast Cancer after the age of women. In this case, every woman must know about this disease and its treatments.
We have compelled this article and added all the information about Breast Cancer. We also have discussed the Hormone Treatment for Breast Cancer in detail. To get maximum beneficial information, keep reading this article.
Introduction of Breast Cancer
Cancer is a cluster of infected cells that grows irregularly and uncontrolled and shapes into a tumor. In the case of Breast Cancer, this tumor is in the breast of women. This disease can also occur in men but is widely common in women.
Age is a significant reason for Breast development. According to a study, only 4% of women have the risk of Breast Cancer below the age of 40. As the person ages, she develops a higher risk of Breast Cancer.
Stages of Breast Cancer
A crucial aspect of Breast Cancer is its stage. There are 5 stages of Breast Cancer, each with its characteristics. Identifying the exact cancer stage is very important for the Hormone Treatment for Breast Cancer.
We have explained the 5 stages of Breast Cancer in detail below.
- Stage 0 Cancer: This is the least dangerous stage of breast cancer. In this type, the cancer cells are only in the breast’s milk ducts and have no major danger.
- Stage 1 Cancer: The risk increases as the stage gets higher. In this stage, the cancer has grown larger than the stage 0. But it hasn’t spread to the lymph nodes yet.
- Stage 2 Cancer: If the cancer hasn’t been treated on stage 1 the condition gets severe. In stage 2 the cancer spreads to the lymph nodes under the arm. In this stage, immediate treatment becomes compulsory.
- Stage 3 Cancer: In most cases, patients get to this stage if the treatments aren’t helping them. In this 3rd stage, the cancer spreads to the body parts near the breast.
- Stage 4 Cancer: This is the most dangerous stage of Breast Cancer. The cancer starts to spread to the distant organs of the body. The cancer cells affect the lungs, bones, and even the brain. In this stage, the treatments get more complicated and less effective.
Hormone Therapy for Breast Cancer
Hormone Therapy is one of the most effective treatments for Breast Cancer. Some types of Breast Cancer are Hormone recipient-positive. This means they grow with the help of hormones in the body. To treat this type of cancer, hormone therapy is used.
In Hormone Therapy for Breast Cancer Procedures, medications are used that either block the hormone like estrogen or block the enzyme that is producing estrogen. The ultimate goal is to stop estrogen access to the cancer cells so they will stop growing and dividing.
Benefits of Hormone Therapy
We have shared the Benefits of Hormone Therapy for Breast Cancer. These points will make you comfortable about this treatment and answer all your queries.
- Hormone therapy has a very low risk of cancer reoccurrence after surgery
- Hormone therapy reduces the side effects of intense breast cancer.
- Hormone therapy has the best rate of improving quality of life among all breast cancer treatments.
- This therapy is also effective against the cancer that has spread to other body parts.
- This therapy slows down the growth of cancer cells in the body.
- It helps relieve the menopausal symptoms in women with breast cancer.
- It also improves the bone health of breast cancer patients.
Possible Side Effects
Like every other treatment, there are some possible Side Effect of Hormone Therapy for Breast Cancer. We have shared these side effects so you are well aware. You will need immediate medical attention if you are diagnosed with any of these side effects.
- Weight Gain
- Vaginal Dryness
- Hot Flashes
- Thinning of bones
- Joint Pain
- Reduced Sex Drive
Treatments Along With Breast Cancer Hormone Therapy
There are certain parts of the Hormone Treatment for Breast Cancer. These are the treatment parts that make the therapy effective. We have shared the treatments that doctors suggest to patients, along with hormone therapy.
In hormone therapy, there are a few types of medication to deal with Breast Cancer. These are basically the Hormone Blockers for Breast Cancer, which either kill the cancer cells or stop their production.
Also, patients should understand that a professional doctor should prescribe these medications. You cannot take it without a doctor’s prescription. The three main pills used are listed below:
- Tamoxifen: This pill helps in blocking the effect of estrogen on Breast Cancer cells.
- Aromatase Inhibitor: This pill inhibits the body from making estrogen.
- LHRH Agonists: These pills block the hormones that help ovaries make the estrogen.
Along with the medication of hormone therapy, some doctors suggest Ayurvedic medicines as well. Medicine made of Ayurvedic herbs is extremely helpful during cancer treatment.
But, the patient must consult her doctor before taking any Ayurvedic medicines. Some of the Ayurvedic herb base medicines that doctors suggest for Breast Cancer patients are listed below:
The cancer treatment has very adverse effects on the patient’s physical health. Most of the time, patients avoid doing any exercise during Breast Cancer treatment, which can be harmful to their health.
Hence, doctors suggest their cancer patients be active in some exercise. Exercising regularly, even briefly, will have tremendous benefits for cancer patients. Some of the exercises cancer patients can do are:
- Tai Chi
If, unfortunately, you have got Breast Cancer, the best thing you can do is get treatment as early as possible. And among all the treatment options, Hormone Therapy for Breast Cancer is the safest one.
For the Hormone-receptor Breast Cancer, hormone therapy is highly effective. Doctors also suggest this treatment for women after their surgery or radiation therapy. Also, the treatments we have recommended for Breast Cancer are highly beneficial. It would help if you tried them with the doctor’s consent.