Benefits of Brahmi Health & Beauty since the early times, Brahmi has been used as a medicinal herb. Scientists are engaged in a process of constant research on Brahmi, after the disclosure of its beneficial properties. They are researching how to extract the good properties of Brahmi for the human body and how to use it. This article will answer you why and how Brahmi is beneficial for our health.
Benefits of Brahmi – Health & Beauty
What is brahmi?
Bacopa monnieri also known as Brahmi is the staple plant (usually categorized as herb)of which, from leaves to root each portion is usable. It is also called ‘Brain Booster’.
Stems and leaves are soft and curved and have white little flowers on them. Brahmi grows in a wet tropical climate. It has many names throughout the country (India)- Saumyalata, Neerbrahmi, Drawan, Jalbrahmi, Jalneem, Jalbuti etc.
- Indian Pennywort
- Bacopa Monnieri
- Herb of Grace
- Thyme-leaved Gratiola
- Water hyssop, etc.
Scientific Name: Bacopa Monnieri.
Plant Family: Plantaginaceae.
Benefits of Brahmi
- Good for Alzheimer
Brahmi has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-conveccent properties. It improves brain functioning and also relieves epilepsy, insomnia and anxiety.
- Regulates Blood circulation
Brahmi has nitric oxide which reduces the risk of high blood pressure. It lightens blood cell density due to which blood can easily flow to the veins. Brahmi Churna is popular and widely used in high blood pressure.
- Relieves Anxiety
Brahmi can help in reducing stress and anxiety. It is considered as an adaptogenic herb which can be effective in relieving body pressure.
- Helps in Cancer treatment
Brahmi has anticancer properties for which it can be helpful in clearing out the tumor cells of the brain as well as stops the growth of infected cells of breast cancer and colon cancer.
- Reduces body pain
Brahmi is also used as a painkiller for having antioxidant properties. This highly valuable property of Brahmi makes it an effective medicine in the treatment of Neuropathic pain. The oil extracted from the plant is the product that relieves pain.
Brahmi oil is easily available to buy now. Order online….
- Boosts Immune System
Brahmi can be helpful in boosting the immune system a human body has, because of its antioxidant properties. Consuming Brahmi also results in increased body strength.
- Regulates Sugar Level (Diabetes)
Brahmi has both antioxidant and antidiabetic properties; this is why Brahmi can be effective in controlling blood sugar levels. Its antihyperglycemic property also has a positive effect in type-2 diabetes.
- Strengthen the Digestive Process
Brahmi is a good source of vitamins and minerals. The Fiber presents in Brahmi strengthens the digestive system cleaning the harmful substances from the intestine. It slows down the digestion process providing a good amount of energy and increases the process of defecation.
- Helps in treatment of Epilepsy
In Ayurveda, Brahmi is being used as a nerve tonic for ages to treat nervous system disorder. On the other hand, many ayurvedic medicines have been used which carry Anti-epileptic drugs (AEDs) (Epilepsy curing medicine) in case of epilepsy treatment. In this matter, Brahmi can be consumed to cure epilepsy and get benefited.
- Helps in Respiratory System
Brahmi extract has Antioxidants and adaptogenics, which can be helpful in relieving Bronchitis and asthma.
- Brahmi As Antioxidant
Brahmi has been considered as a good source of Antioxidant. Because of these Antioxidant properties Brahmi can reduce Oxidative stress. It can be effective in reducing the harmful effects of Oxidant.
- Helpful in Increasing Concentration
Brahmi is called a natural antioxidant, which may play Neuroprotective role in the development of the brain. It is used to increase mental capacity. It helps in increasing concentration, understanding, knowledge and alertness.
Also Read: 12+ Tips to Improve Your Attention/Focus
- Diuretic Brahmi Powder
Brahmi has many medicinal properties which may be beneficial for our human body in various ways. Among all these good qualities of Brahmi, diuretics is one which removes the excess water from the body and prevents the creation of water retention, kidney stone and other diseases.
Order Brahmi Powder Online…
- Skin Benefits of Brahmi
- Brahmi has astringent which is beneficial for our skin. Astringent is used in many cosmetics. Astringent works as an excess oil remover cleaning the skin pores.
Uses- Mix the Brahmi extract/juice with rose water and apply it to your face. Clean it thoroughly with water after 5 minutes.
- Pentacyclic in Brahmi- triterpin is usually used as an anti-wrinkle compound, which removes wrinkles from skin leaving it tight and healthy. Its antioxidant properties can beat the free radicals and keeps the skin healthy. With removing wrinkles it also controls inflammation.
Uses- Mix the Brahmi powder with water and make a paste. And then you can use it as a face pack.
- Brahmi is also considered as antiseptic. The antimicrobial properties present in it increases kolezone, reduces skin dryness, wrinkles and leaves a glowing healthy skin.
Uses- Mix a few drops of Brahmi oil with turmeric and rose water, make a paste and apply it on your face. After a few minutes, wash it off with cold water.
- Hair Benefits of Brahmi
- The antioxidant present in Brahmi can be helpful in preventing hair fall. It strengthens the roots of hair regulating blood circulation.
Uses- Make a paste mixing Brahmi, Amla and Bhringraj and store it in an iron utensil overnight. Apply it the next day for 10 to 15 minutes as a hair mask. Using it twice a week may prevent hair fall.
- Brahmi also helps in hair growth. Being the good source of vitamins and minerals it is used widely for various health purposes.
Uses- Massage your hair from root to tip with Brahmi oil and it will result in strong and shiny tresses.
Brahmi oil is now easily available, Order online…
How to Use Brahmi?
Brahmi can be used in different ways. It can be consumed as tea, tonic or paste. Along these it can be used as medicine too. Apart from these Brahmi has many uses-
- The oil can be used in joint pain and headache.
- Boiling its leaves to make tonic and consuming it is beneficial.
- Brahmi paste applied on the neck and chest can be effective in curing cough and pneumonia.
- Brahmi paste helps in reducing skin dryness.
- To relieve the baby’s diarrhea problem by using Brahmi leaf juice under the supervision of a doctor.
- Tea made from the fresh leaves of Brahmi with added honey may boost positive energy in mind.
- Brahmi can also be eaten as a green leafy vegetable.
When to use Brahmi?
To get the benefit of Brahmi you can consume it as tea, medicine or tonic in any time.
Dosage of Brahmi
- To make tea you can use 5 to 7 leaves of Brahmi, but to make paste it will depend on the amount of paste you need.
Side Effects of Brahmi
Excess use of anything can be harmful to the human body. Likely, Brahmi has its drawbacks as its benefits. Excess consumption of it can be harmful.
- Excess consumption of Brahmi may lead to Diarrhea, stomach pain etc.
- Excessive consumption of Brahmi can affect fertility. So, if you are thinking of getting pregnant then take it carefully.
Through this article, you must have come to know that Brahmi is one of the rare Ayurvedic herbs and it helps in keeping our mental and physical health in good quality. Along with all these, you also came to know that Brahmi has both benefits and drawbacks. Hopefully, this article will help you maintain a good healthy lifestyle.
FAQ about Brahmi Benefits
1) When to take Brahmi?
A- Take 1-2 Brahmi tablets with milk before or after lunch and dinner.
2) Can I eat Brahmi leaves?
A- Brahmi leaves are known for its anti-hyperglycemic properties and are widely recommended to diabetics. Studies reveal that regular consumption of Brahmi leaves can improve diabetes symptoms and help lead a healthy life.
3) Does Brahmi induce Sleep?
A. Brahmi is an excellent herb to help you get a good night’s sleep. It not only provides comfortable sleep, but also helps calm you down during emotional turmoil and also works to improve your sense of concentration and alertness.
4) Does Brahmi reduce Stress?
A- It is considered to be Adaptogenic herb, meaning it increases your resistance to body pressure. Research suggests that this herb helps reduce stress and anxiety problems by improving your mood and reducing cortisol (a hormone closely associated with stress) levels.
5) Is Brahmi hot?
A- There is another type of brahmi of small and unctuous leaves which grows in water. This type is bitter in taste, hot in potency, strengthening nature. It relieves stomach problems related to acidity and respiratory problems.
6) Is Brahmi a sedative?
A- Studies have also shown that the medicinal properties of Brahmi has a healing effect, prolongs the enchanting function of pentobarbitone, and creates a variable block of conditioned avoidance responses. It also protected electroshock against seizures and chemo convulsant.
Disclaimer: The information included at HelthyLeaf is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.